yourname

If you make the floor thick enough you can lag where ever you want to.
Cracking is your biggest fear, real cracks can sever the tube. have it
in my garage with no problems as of yet.

Note on machine shops: A friend has it in his busy cnc shop, and they
have the doors open in the moderately cold weather; all the added heat
load from machines. If I were putting it in my busy shop, I might
undersize or figure some other way to deal with overheating.

radiant is the best

Andrew V wrote:
I'm in the design stage on a shop/garage and I'd like to put radiant tube in
the floor. The problem I'm running into is designing the layout with any
flexibility for future machine placement. I know what machines are on the
future list but am unsure of exact make/model type info. One thought is to
have exclusion zones with no tube for the anchored machines (shear/ press
brake). another idea is since the floor in these spots needs to be thicker
anyway place the tubes deeper in the slab. I will be talking to several
contractors but options from the group are worthwhile.

If anybody has some experience's lets hear about it

Thanks

Andrew V