Colbyt

"Charles Lockhart" wrote in message
news
I'm working on my first drywall project. I used paper tape for the
joints. I think I followed the directions, essentially I spread on
a layer of jointing compound, put the tape over that, spread on
another layer of compound, let it dry, did another coat, let it dry,
did another coat, all done.

But then I started sanding yesterday, and for several of the joints
I started sanding into the paper tape before the joint was flat.

So I think for at least some of the joints, my first layer of
compound was too thick, and now the tape isn't far enough below
the joint surface. Is there a way to fix this? Can I sand out the
joint and re-tape it, or is it so bad that I need to tear down and
start over?

Thanks for your time,

-Charles

Sometimes you don't know what to believe when you get conflicting opinions.

Ken and Xronger both gave you sound advice.

Happy mudding.

Colbyt