Speedy Jim

Ed wrote:
I am a home owner and have a Goodman GMP075-3 (Serial # 9901611013)
with a strange intermittent problem. The call for heat is made from
the thermostat, the ID motor starts, after a short period of time the
burners fire up. Now intermittently, it sounds like the burners are
struggling to stay lit (sounds stupid but sort of a whoosh, whoosh,
whoosh sound). After a few seconds the gas valve clicks and shuts off
the burners. With the ID fan still running this process will repeat
until the burners stay lit, usually only one more time. The LED on the
controller board has never flashed, just stays solid red.

I have called a professional who has been out three times. First time
he replaced the flame sensor, second time he replaced the pressure
switch. The last time he came out he cleaned the burners and the
entire unit. None of this helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed

See if your gas utility will send someone out.
There is at least a chance that this is a supply (pressure) problem.

Jim