Rod Speed

"Vlad" wrote in message
After playing with multi hygrometers and humidistat's in different
rooms, timers to select the proper room to be humidified and
decreasing the humidity when the outside temperature is cooler, I
realized that a 300 W electric kettle running all the time except when
the r/u exceeds 40 % does ( in my case) a perfect job,

The annual cost is about $45 US .

Only if the humidity is hardly ever below 40%

I will keep using it.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:49:16 -0600, "suzn"
wrote:

wrote in message

We might explore a different myth. Does anyone have any real non-anecdotal
evidence that low humidity actually causes health problems? Do people who
live in Arizona have more or fewer respiratory problems than the rest of
us?

I dont have any extreme proof that lower humidity in the home effects ones
health
but since I started using a DEhumidifier I have no traces of mold anywhere
in my home
and no condensation on any window glass. I also noticed I stopped sneezing
100 times a day
and a cough that dragged on for weeks mysteriously disapearred practically
over night.
The house actually feels warmer (dryer air?) and my gas billed dropped
$12.00 from last month.
So I dunno......

Swiss people open windows and crawl under thick quilts in unheated
bedrooms
in wintertime because they believe that cold dry winter air is
healthier...

Nick