Doctor Evil Doctor Evil is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-moog
This is another point of confusion for myself.

To take the CH and/or UFH from the store or the boiler circuit.
Obviously, to take it from the store means instant heating, but depletes our DHW source.
The other way means that we are 'steeling' heat from the input to the store, so it will take longer to replenish.

Any other factors in deciding which side the heating should come from?

The only thing I can think of is the need for more than one pump.

J.
Take it from the store. If the store is sized well enough it will not deplete the store. Also the CH flow and return are taken near the bottom, leaving the upper DHW untouched. You could have it a priority system. Wheh the DHW is called the CH pump(s) is switched off. The boiler operates independently heating the store of water to a pre-defined temperature. Have two stats on the heat bank so as to avoid boiler cycling. Have the klargest boioer you can afford. A therml store/heat bank is not fussy what sized boiler heats it. Make sure the flow and return pipes are 28mm.

Two CH zones: Either:

1. Two pumps (both directly off the store)
2. One pump and two 2-port valves. (only one pipe off the store)

Taking all zones directly off the store eliminates a balancing act between two zones.