Andy Dingley

On 14 Feb 2005 05:08:41 -0800, "Pandora" wrote:

I need to find a UK
distributer of the lamp holders to be fixed to a chandelier of my own
design.

I'm surprised this is hard. Now I've been known to make a few light
fittings myself, but I generally just buy in a plain brass (often
brass-plated steel) lampholder from any electrical supplier (I use
TLC) and then the rest is an exercise is tinwork.

Finding ready-made finials and trim could be fun, but I'd start by
rooting through an architectural salvage yard, not expecting to find
new parts. Relics in Witney might have something.

Coppersmithing is also great fun and is pretty light on tooling costs
to get started. Tim Mc Creight's metalworking book, a box of hand
tools, a drill (and wire brushes) and a blowtorch for annealing should
get you started. Buy an old hot water cylinder from the local dump as
a source of copper sheet.

--
Smert' spamionam