John Rumm

Default Mobile phone virgin seeks advice

Grant Mason wrote:

?29.99 for a pay-as-you-go Trium Eclipse on Virgin Mobile from Carphone
Warehouse. You'll will need to buy top-up cards to make calls. Standard UK
calls cost 15p/min for the first 5 minutes each day then 5p/min thereafter.

Last time I checked Virgin were the only ones that would let you have a
PAYG phone on direct debit - hence no need to buy top ups.

(Both SWMBO and I have phones on Virgin Mobile at the moment - we are
unlikely to make more than 20 mins outgoing calls a month on them -
typical monthly bill for both is between 2.50 and 4 quid - not gone over
a fiver yet!) - BT costs me more than that in line rental.

Have a look at the virgin mobile web site - they often have
reconditioned phones available in the 30 to 50 quid range.

--
Cheers,

John.