TeamCasa

Joe, I use a local sharpening service. Most modern services use the same
machinery to sharpen.

I agree with Rob when it come to the notion of one blade for all occasions.
I have a few Forrest blades and they work fine. Almost as good as a custom
blade from my local service.

Dave

"Joe Bleau" wrote in message
I have long been an advocate of Forrest blades, recommending them to
all of my woodworker friends who had not yet discovered them. I
actually own 10 of them which is a fair amount for a non-professional.

Now it seems that every time I send one or two of them to Forrest for
resharpening I get really terrible service. First off, they get
$20.00 bucks for sharpening a 10" blade. Then they almost always find
something wrong with the blade (chipped tooth that I did notice when
it sent it to them or a blade they claim is not running true) and they
charge additionally for that. Moreover, one usually spends $20.00 on
shipping charges for each sharpening. When you are through you
usually end up spending more than $30.00 per blade. That's pretty
stiff but if their service was prompt I could probably live with it.
This time I sent them my blades three weeks ago and am still waiting
for them to arrive even though they told them they would be shipped 10
days ago.

I'm really about to reach the point where I start looking for a
substitute. Which brings me to the real reason for this post. Are
there any woodworkers out there who are former users of Forrest
blades? If so, what did you switch to? Are there any other blades
which are close to Forrest and what do they go for?

JOe

http://www.usenet.com