max

I had the PC 690 set (plunge and standard base) and had the same problem
with the plunge base. PC said they weren't designed to be concentric and
there was nothing I could do about it. Bull!
I made a new router base plate out of plastic. I screwed it down to the
plunge base and then made an indexing pin and drilled through both so that
the base would go on the same way every time. I then plunged the bit through
it. I then bored it to accept the router guide bushings. Didn't take very
long and worked perfectly.

The bit on my Bosch 1611 router is displaced by 0.060" with respect to
the center of the base, causing huge problems with cutting dovetails on
a Leigh jig. I can't see any adjustment on this router that will allow
me to center the base with respect to the bit, and the templates I have
(both Bosch and Leigh) fit firmly into the base with no wiggle room.

Am I missing something or am I SOL?

Roger
(remove .geentroep from email to reply)