dadiOH

rile wrote:
I am in the process of laying a laminate floor. My wife suggested
that before laying the floor that we spruce up the woodwork around
it. The woodwork is currently dull and needs a bit of shine. We had
a painter do some interior work a few months ago and he also did the
woodwork. It looked the same but now is shiny and looks good. He
used a polyurethane finish. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it was
oil-based or water-based. I'd feel funny calling him and asking
about it.

Why would you feel funny asking? In reality, it doesn't make much
difference in what you use as long as there are no areas in the current
finish that have worn through.

If there *are* bare areas, you can easily tell what the top coat is by
lightly sanding a worn area and moistening it with spit on your finger.
The spot will darken. Does it look like the finished area? The finish
was oil based. Is the finished area lighter than the damp spot? Top
coat was water based.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...