Andy Hall

Default Mobile phone virgin seeks advice

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:12:26 +0000, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

I just want to be contactable locally for when I am out shopping or on
the internet (no broadband here, so when I'm connected via dialup, no
one can call) in case the estate agent gets a sudden prospect who
shows interest. I don't even want to make outgoing calls from the
thing, but mainly receive calls. No calls from abroad, no text
messages, no grooming of underage spaniels, just the absolute minimum
than can enable my agent to talk to me briefly and send me back home,
pronto.

MM

Then really all you need is the cheapest Pay-as-you-go and one top-up
voucher to activate it. Some deals even give you the first voucher
for free simply for activating the phone.

Normally you don't pay anything to receive calls, but you do to
retrieve text messages or voicemails - simply don't activate voicemail
if you are bothered.

You may also be able to find a second hand phone on Ebay etc. and you
can just buy a SIM (small chipcard to activate) only. However, this
is likely to be almost the same cost and more titting around as just
buying one in the store.

In the context of the various costs of the property sale it is not a
lot......

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl