the-moog the-moog is offline
Junior Member

Location: Nottingham, UK
Default Thermal Store (DPS), UFH, Multi Zone

Hi,

I'm trying to get the right design for a CH system as a complete replacement for the existing.

We are modernising and extending our house and in the process want to replace and update the heating and hot water systems.

It is going to have to be some sort of mains pressure HW system as the tank has to go. I've decided on the DPS Pandora, any body had experience of these?

The new bathroom and conservatory lack wall space, I though UFH may be the solution, but I'm unsure if, given the small areas that it will provide enough heat, any views?

I'm new to plumbing systems (I'm a electronics product designer) what are the differences, advantages, fallbacks of the Y and S plans, how do I decide which is right?

Its only a three bedroom house, with a dining room, large bathroom, lounge, kitchen and small conservatory. Is it sensible to still use multiple zones?

Is it sensible to zone the UFH (if used?) as I think it would be necessary to warm the conservatory on cold summer nights (to keep plants happy).

Any other suggestions?

Regards,
Jason.