Isaac Wingfield

In article 01c5117d$cf464400$53e2e104@toni,
"Tim Kett" wrote:

Conventional loud alarm clocks dont wake me.

So, I want to turn on a loud radio with it.

It is a small cassette boombox.

Or should i just stick to incandescent lights only ?

It says " dont turn on motors with it "

The only thing that could go wrong is that the solid-state switch in the
timer couldn't turn off the transformer after it turned it on -- that's
usually the problem with motors. If that happens, you can probably deal
with it by having the switch turn on a 60 to 100 watt table lamp at the
same time as the radio. The resistive load from the lamp would swamp the
transformer's inductance -- which would be what caused the problem. Note
that you have to use an incandescent lamp, not any kind of fluorescent.

Or, you could turn on your coffee maker at the same time as the radio,
assuming the switch is rated for that much power.

Isaac