Mike Mitchell

Default Mobile phone virgin seeks advice

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:23:22 GMT, (sPoNiX) wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:17:14 +0000, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

I am a mobile phone virgin. I do not have a mobile phone. I hate
mobile phones. But now that I am selling the house and still want to
be reachable, I am resigned to getting one, albeit only for a
temporary period. The minute I am in my new house and it's all done
and dusted and the sparkling wine has been opened, I shall take great
pleasure in removing the mobile phone to a suitable flat surface,
whereupon I will take a number 2 sledgehammer to it.

Check out:

http://skybuy.sky.com. They have a rather nice Siemens phone on PAYG
for less than £40.

Even that doesn't sound cheap to me. What would the phone charges be,
roughly? Does one pay someone else for the usage? It's all so bloody
complicated!

If I wanted to take instant photos with a throwaway camera, it's dead
simple. I can buy such a camera almost anywhere. So why hasn't anybody
done the same for mobile phones. The whole business is a total
nightmare! And I just know what's going to happen when I approach The
Link or Carphone Whorehouse. The little oiks at these emporiums all
look like they only learned yesterday how to wash behind their ears.

But thanks anyway!

MM