none

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:46:43 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

So what about the other formerly very good motors? Kohler? Wisconsin?

I've
seen a lot of those on commercial/industrial equipment in the past.

You'll see the Kohler's/Wisconsin's on heavy duty marine/industrial/
emergency equipment and those that I've serviced are extremely high
quality.
I have noticed that some of the later Kohler's look alot like Toyo's
offerings.( Toyo motor works of Japan puts out a near clone of Honda
and seem to be just as good.)
Even though they(Kohler) still carries a "made in usa" badge.

I've seen both Kohler and Wisconsin used in emergency evac/marine
pumps and on older Bearcat scooters and swamp buggies.

My apologies to all if I've come off like a troll.

Ya know, I went to Home Depot the other day and looked at lawnmowers and
holy crap, you're right! The B&S motors *do* have cheap flimsy plastic carbs
with primer bulbs now! I always had *great* luck with their stuff, I dunno
when it changed but it most certainly has. Maybe my B&S stuff is older than
I realized.

They've been using plastic(nylon) for nearly 20 years in their bottom
of the line"plain Jane" mowers.
About the only good thing about them is that they have almost no
moving parts.(no throttle butterfly or mix screw)
As long as you don't try and use them in commercial apps they'll last
3-4 years. Then about all you'll need to replace is the primer bulb
and the diaphragm.
They also have a black plastic carb on some mods of consumer mowers,
I've found these to be pretty sorry.