Mike Mitchell

Default Mobile phone virgin seeks advice

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:05:27 -0000, "Grant Mason"
wrote:

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message

what
is the absolute cheapest phone/package I can buy/rent which (a) allows
me to receive incoming calls from landline phones or mobile phones and
(b) can make call to BT landline phones?

http://tinyurl.com/2j49s

£29.99 for a pay-as-you-go Trium Eclipse on Virgin Mobile from Carphone
Warehouse. You'll will need to buy top-up cards to make calls. Standard UK
calls cost 15p/min for the first 5 minutes each day then 5p/min thereafter.

Extortionate!

http://www.fwdcellular.com/en-gb/dept_27.html

(Nett) £29.99 for a Nokia 3510i on a T-Mobile contract. You pay £29.99 +
£163 up front. You get £163 cashback within 28 days. You get 750 free
off-peak minutes per month for 12 months. Peak time calls are 40p/min. After
12 months, you cancel the contract (otherwise, it continues at £15/month)
and keep the phone.

Super double-plus high gloss extortionate!!

2nd hand, the Nokia is worth about £70 on ebay - more lucrative than the
sledgehammer route....

But far less satisfying. I think I shall buy me a gold-plated
sledgehammer, too.

But thanks!

MM