Joe Bleau

Default Flattening ceramic sharpening stones

One of the drawbacks of ceramic stones is that they are rarely flat.
I used a diamond stone to flatten my extra fine (about 1800 grit) and
my medium ceramic stone. It broke the glaze and left them slightly
mottled. However, this does not seem to have affected their cutting
ability and I continue to use them. This causes me to wonder if (1) I
am deceiving myself that they cut as well as before and (2) if they
can be flattened with a diamond stone why does the ceramic stone
manufacturer not flatten them since it would make them more desirable?
Anyone in this group tried what I did? Did it work for you?