George E. Cawthon

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Jeff McAhren" wrote in message

I have a 20 year old refrigerator that cools well, but the gasket is
breaking down in one corner. Can I repair it? Where can I source a repair
gasket?

The brand is Montgomery Wards, who is no longer in business.

Check out www.repairclinic.com or www.applianceaid.com

Keep in mind that a 20 year old refrigerator is getting past its prime. A
new one will probably cut your electric bill $15 or so. If you think the
repair is expensive, start thinking about replacement.

It may be past the prime but you won't save $15 a
month on electricity unless it has terrible
efficiency or your electricity is very high. My
28 year old refrigerator doesn't use $15 of
electricity per month.
My electric bill is only $30 when not in the
heating or cooling seasons. That includes a
refrigerator, a freezer, lights, cooking, TV,
radio, stereo, shop work, attic fan, etc.