George E. Cawthon

Andy wrote:

Anyone have any homemade alternatives to Goof Off for
removing dried
latex paint from carpet.

Thanks.

How much do you have to remove? I would think that
normally the cost of Goof-Off would not be all that much.
If you have a lot, maybe you should consider replacement
or patching it with some from the closet or other out of
the way place. How worn is the carpet?

There are only a few small spots, but no matter how careful
you are, they
always be some splatters.

Not if you cover the floors with old sheets before
you paint. Of course, then you could always have
a spill like that shown for the guy on the ladder.
I don't use a ladder, still have had a spill,
climbed onto the chair looking up and my right
hand holding the paint tray dipped down. Went to
put the roller in the paint tray and looked down
at the mess. Damn! Stop painting and start
cleaning. I haven't had a paint spill since (he
said with fingers crossed behind his back).