Andrew Gabriel

Default Central Heating Pressure Test

In article ,
(wullie) writes:

Thanks for the info.

I am thinking of doing a wet pressure test, and I was thinking of
using the "dry pressure test gauge" to measure the pressure by pumping
air into the wet system - I take it from your reply that this gauge
won't be suitable for this form of testing?

If you are doing a wet pressure test, that implies (probably) that the
pipework is all complete. If you have a sealed system, you have the
system's pressure guage anyway. If you have a vented system, you can't
do a pressure test (unless you seal off the pipework to the header
tank). So I can't really picture how you would do a wet pressure test
using a dry pressure test guage in any case.

--
Andrew Gabriel