Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
But oil is designed to hold some contaminates in suspension, so the
colour is nothing to go by. A diesel will have 'dirty' oil after the
first start.

And that contamination doesn't go else where, either via the pump or via
splash ?

Why do you think that oil is best drained when warm and thus more
fluid....

What I'm saying is that rather than spend money on snake oil additives
it would be better to change the normal (recommended) oil more
frequently IYSWIM.

What I'm saying is that engines last longer and longer despite even longer
oil change intervals. Ie, the makers know what they're talking about.
Both oils and engine manufacturing techniques - and or materials - are
improving all the time, so there really is no need to change oil more
frequently than the maker's recommendation.

So use the maker's recommended oil and service intervals, and don't thrash
the engine until the oil is hot, and the engine will outlive the rest of
the car, in most cases.

--
*A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.