Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
top gear wrote:
Ordinary mineral oils can be seriously degraded after 4K miles,

What modern car has 'ordinary' mineral oil as the maker's recommendation?
Or '4K' oil change intervals? And what fool would think of using a base
mineral oil in a modern car?

while fully synthetics will easily surpass the makers recommended change
intervals with only slight degradation, or none at all.

Err, if the maker recommends a fully synthetic, they'll also recommend an
'extended' change interval...

Only a little research reveals this.

Might do if you knew what you're talking about.

As I have said previously, this point is not open to question, it is vox
pop. Anyone saying the opposite usually has some financial gain
somewhere in order to do so.

Try reading this research accurately and applying it to the thread.
If you're not IMM, you're the new one.

--
*I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.