Phil Bowser

Isn't this unit backlit with a flourescent tube (standard 4W or 8W)? I
had one that the lamp would fail fairly often, and you want to replace it
right away, or it will overheat the ballast supply circuit, and ruin parts
there...

"Elephant" wrote in message
Last night before I went to bed, the weather station was functioning
normally. When I got up, the display was dead, except for a few digits
that were dim.

I unplugged it for about 30 mins. Upon powering back up, everything
seemed to run normally, except for the barometer display. Only 3 digits
light up, and those are dimmer than the rest.

Otherwise, it's keeping good time. Wind speed and direction is ok as
well as the in/out temperature.

Before I really get digging into such an old unit, has anyone run into
this before? I'm thinking the micro-processor is ok since everything
seems normal except the barometer.