Dave Plowman

Default Curtain rail loose in one hole.. what do I do ?

In article ,
Paul wrote:
It's pretty loose, and some plaster has come away slightly around the
rawlplug. I wasn't sure if polyfilla would hold another rawlplug if I
filled and then drilled..

No - Pollyfilla isn't strong enough. Assuming the original hole is deep
enough for a wall plug, a good repair material which can be drilled etc
afterwards is car body filler, often called fibreglass paste or by the
trade names Cataloy or Isopon. You can buy it in the likes of Halfords -
it's a two part material with a hardener. It sets very quickly and can be
used for other repairs round the house like wood filling where strength is
needed. Make sure any loose material and dust is removed from the hole
before using - as with any filler.

--
*Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn