Phil Bowser

I have no exp. on the GM, but let me know how you fare, and I am
currently working on my 1990 Dodge Ramcharger "Electro-mechanical"
speedometer unit... It has a 20-tooth cheap plastic gear that is so brittle
the teeth are breaking off (happened in cold weather) for the odometer. I
would much rather repair it than buy an exchange hard-too-find, and equally
unreliable replacement part... whatever happened to brass (or even teflon)
gears?? I cannot believe something was made this cheaply for an automotive
application... I've seen microcassette decks, VCR decks, etc. with much
better gears in them (unfortunately for me, not the right SIZE).

This particlular speedo unit uses +12V, GND, and a 5Vp-p square wave
pulse from the distance sensor on the xmission...

A coworker has a GM digital dash that the speedo fails to
illuminate/display anything... I will be looking into it within the month...

"BOB URZ" wrote in message
Has anyone here attempted to repair a 90's GM digital dash unit?
From what i can research, they have a small power inverter board
as well as the typical bad solder joints in them. My brother in law
is bringing his over and i am trying to prepare. Anybody been inside
one?

Bob

News==----

Newsgroups