Greg O

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"Leon" wrote in message
. com...

The other problem is that a TS motor must be TEC. I don't think a
compressor motor is.

TEC?

Totally Enclosed. The Delta motors are not though.

TEFC is typically the way this is designated--Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled.
Which Delta motors are you referring to? All the Delta induction motors
I've seen were TEFC... course I've never seen everything that Delta
offers!

John

The motors on Delta's contractor saws are open, not TEFC.
I don't know when or if they changed, but my 5 year old contractors saws
motor is definitely open. I don't remember the model number of the saw, but
it is the top of the line contractors saw, not a discount store model, the
one that sells for $900 now.
Greg