John

Replace the base with one of the after market ones, use a centering
bit to get it centered before drilling

If in doubt, I have MADE a plate out of lexan/acrylic, mout to route,
then use a series of router bits to cut the opening

John

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:45:53 -0500, Roger
wrote:

The bit on my Bosch 1611 router is displaced by 0.060" with respect to
the center of the base, causing huge problems with cutting dovetails on
a Leigh jig. I can't see any adjustment on this router that will allow
me to center the base with respect to the bit, and the templates I have
(both Bosch and Leigh) fit firmly into the base with no wiggle room.

Am I missing something or am I SOL?

Roger
(remove .geentroep from email to reply)