toller

"mcgyver" wrote in message
news:76RPd.380829$6l.239201@pd7tw2no...
Hi, I've got a good deal on a 3 hp (220v) electric compressor motor. (runs
counterclockwise) Can i use it to upgrade my 1.5hp tablesaw motor
(110v).
Any problems? how do you determine the direction of rotation? facing the
shaft...or looking from the body of the motor towards the shaft? Thanks

A previous owner replaced the 1hp motor on my TS with a 2hp. I was cutting
a 45 on a large panel when the panel slammed into the motor. Since it was
physically bigger, it stuck up above the table surface when the blade was
tilted. Needless to say, it ruined my day.
I am glad for the 2hp motor, but wish I had noticed the problem before
damaging the panel.
Presumably your 3hp is bigger still; make sure it will actually fit.

The other problem is that a TS motor must be TEC. I don't think a
compressor motor is.