Norman D. Crow

"Clint" wrote in message
news:sFOPd.379367$Xk.193120@pd7tw3no...
Why are you so worried about an aluminum table? What difference does it
make if it's aluminum, cast iron, or whatever, so long as it's stable?
AFAIK, the bandsaw is not usually considered a precision machine, where
you're worried about the last 0.001". Most times, you'll end up doing the
final shaping on a jointer/planer/tablesaw/etc, or sanding off the blade
marks, if nothing else.

One reason; I'm getting tired of the black lines left on everything by the
ribbed aluminum top on my Crapsman table saw. Even wax doesn't help much.
That's why my next major tool will be a new TS with a cast iron top!

--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.