tiredofspam

No you should get a dust collector first then air filtration.
You vac won't suck the tablesaw dust.
The DC won't do a great job, better than the vac. Close the TS back and
drill holes in your zero clearence plate to allow more suction from
above. Some stuff foam between the cast iron top and sides on the
contractor saw... Get some rare earth magnets to hold the rear damper
on. And only allow for the belt to go thru...

Get it at the source. BTW look for a DC with less than 2 micron
collection. This means forgo most bags.. and go for the hard poly filter
type... you won't regret it. A trash can cyclone helps,but a real
cyclone is tops...

wrote:
I've got a small basement shop, roughly 18' X 12' and it's paneled off
from the rest of the basement with a closing door. I have a 10"
contractor table saw, a 4" jointer, a 1/2" drill press, a 10" disk
sander, the proverbial router, SCMS, and whatever. Sometimes when I'm
cutting the sawdust in the air is just too much, so I've decided that
I'll look into; (a) a small sawdust collector, or (b), a ceiling hung
filtration system. So what I'm wondering is whether the typical
ceiling hung filtration system would suffice... and whether my Rigid
wet/dry 9 gallon/3.5 HP vac can be rigged for sawdust collection
considering the open end of my table saw?

Or would a dust collector like the Jet DC 1100 or a Delta AP400 be a
better overall choice?

Thanks in advance... Mike