Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:51:32 -0500, Tom Watson wrote:

.... snip
It described an area of about two acres and held the most marvelous
trees in it. There were oaks, both red and white, walnuts and
butternuts (which we locals called black and white walnut), sycamores,
and maples, both hard and soft. It is probably where I fell in love
with wood.

My favorite, and I was not alone in this, was the single huge beech
tree, which sat in a clearing in the middle of the lot. As wide as it
was tall this, above all others, was the tree that gave rise to our
childish fantasies. In Summer it was a cave, with heavy leafed
branches hanging to the ground, and all manner of mysteries
encompassed in its folds. In late Fall it was the climbing tree, the
tree that tested you and your brethren, and who could climb to the
highest part.

The stuff of kid's memories

... snip

"Harley's Woodlot".

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Thanks Tom.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody