Roby

I am attempting to help to get a snow thrower working. :-) It is a
Craftsman snow thrower (model 536.884330, code 0323M) that starts and
then after about 15 minutes of running, stalls. Sometimes, we can get
it restarted, but even then it seems to stall every few minutes until
eventually it will not start.

If we wait a little while and come back an hour or so later, it
restarts.

The gas mixture is fresh. What would inhibit it from continuing to
run? Would replacing the spark plug be next on the list or do we need
to look to the carb?

I don't know how often maintenance has been done on the machine...I
would guess it is in need of a tune up.

Is there a site that would show how to disassemble and clean the carb
on the machine or a general tune-up list (I think I remember seeing
that the model 536* indicates a Murray-built machine)? I've been
searching for one, but would appreciate a link if you have one that has
been useful to you.

Thank you,
Dave

These are exactly the symptoms of a plugged vent in the gas tank cap.

Try running with the cap removed.

Roby