Edwin Pawlowski

"RB" wrote in message
I have a small (200lb?) commercial ice machine in our garage, Servend
brand.
The compressor is bad, according to a refrigeration tech I paid to come
out
and check it over. He says the compressor is a Copeland, and new
replacement unit is $400.

I'm wondering if that's something I can replace myself?

If so, how/where can I find a good used one, or a rebuilt one?

Sure if you have a license to handle the refrigerant (buy it and reclaim
it), a set of gauges, a vacuum pump, know how to evacuate a system and
pressurize it without blowing something up. Some things just have to be
left to a pro.