orangetrader

Hi Colbyt:

I have posted two more pictures to the same post in alt.binaries.images with
the title "Replacement Lock Search".
One picture showed the original problem. The mortise at the top has a
hinged bolt (not sure of the right term) and it either came off or broke off
and now there is a stem there. I tried to find where the part that fell
off, unable to locate it. More than likely it fell into the strike plate,
so laying inside the bottom of that opposing door. I tried using magnets
along the bottom of the opposing door and was not able to get anything. I
don't know if there is some sort of generic piece that can be glued on to
this "stem". I circled the stem in a red circle with the image I attached
now.

Also, as I was trying to remove the mortise from the door, it will not come
out. Where the dead bolt is, there are two metal pins that stucked out,
making it impossible to remove the mortise. I jiggled and pulled and tabbed
and eventually removed it, but one pin fell out, into the bottom of the
metal door. Now the deadbolt after putting it back, is not too solid.
Looked like it's a bit out of alignment.

On the top of the mortise lock, there is a standard Schlage cylinder lock.
That one works and I can replace it any time.

Thanks,

"orangetrader" wrote in message
Hi Colbyt:

Thanks. It is a hollow metal door. Any advice will be appreciated.

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"orangetrader" wrote in message
Perhaps one option is to see if anyone here knows of any online lock

sources
that may have pictures I can try to find a match.

Another option is to post some pics of the lock and see if anyone can
recognize them? I have posted all the images to alt.binaries.images

with
the title "Replacement Lock Search". I have images of the door, the

lock,
the handle, the mortisse etc...if you recognize that please let me

know.
Thanks,

"orangetrader" wrote in message
There is already a dead bolt above the lock assembly.

The lock assembly I am trying to fix has a hinged bolt and a dead

bolt.
The
hinged bolt part broke off.

Thanks,

The picture helps a lot.

That is a mortise style lock.

How old is this door?

I thought you said it was a metal door. It looks like wood.

If it is wood I can tell you how to fix it and have it look good.

If it is metal I can tell you how to fix it and it look okay.

Colbyt