tank wrote:
I am renovating a semi-detached cottage. The cottage is isolated but

we
have rented out one side of the cottages for many years and hence

there
is an existing supply already. I asked for a new connection from the
electricity board for the cottage i am renovating and submitted the
power requirements (it will be heated with storage heaters). The

quote
has now come back and they say the transformer needs to be upgraded

at
a cost of =A35000. Is this normal? What is the standard power supply
given by a small transformer. There is a much bigger house near by

with
its own transformer the same size as the existing one at the cottage.

Thanks in advance.

so ask for a quote without storage heating, and use something less
overpriced for heating instead. Storage heating is by far the most
expensive option.

If you want to later, even on a meanie 40A supply theres enough
headroom for partial overnight storage heating, though not a full
thingy.

Really, do yourself a favour and look to other forms of haeting.

NT