raden

In message , Peter Corlett
writes
raden wrote:
[...]
Not even constant in this universe if one school of thought is to be
believed. ISTR an article in NS a while ago about someone
postulating that the speed of light was slowing down.

It used to be slower than the speed of sound back in the 1970s. You'd
turn on the TV and hear the programme immediately, but it'd take five
minutes before you saw the picture.

You just can't trust anything nowadays, can you?

I do not, in general, trust anything in New Scientist unless I've had
it also confirmed elsewhere. New Scientist used to be good, but now
it's little more than a popsci tabloid.

Maybe so, but for those of us who have moved in other directions, a
useful addition to tyhe "Klo Bibliotek"

--
geoff