Mike Deblis

Default Locating cables somewhere...

Hi,

It always happens - we have just had some carpet laid in an outbuilding and
so the floor is not easily accessible.

There is a water heater in there (small tank) and the leads to the heater
are dead. I can't find where the electrician has fed these cables from, and
so want to trace them under the floor before I rip everything apart...

Any ideas how I can trace the dead cables from upstairs through the carpet
and or in the ceiling of downstairs? Is there some sort of signal injector
that can be used? The cables are electrically dead (or seem to be) which
implies that they have been disconnected.... somewhere...

Thanks

Mike