:::Jerry::::

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
I'd like to see some proof that this has any advantages at all. While

it
may not cost much, IMHO it's just a waste of money and resources.

The point is, you are getting rid of impurities that otherwise have to

be
filtered. If the oil still look clean, I will agree that there is little
point, but those cases are rare.

But oil is designed to hold some contaminates in suspension, so the colour
is nothing to go by. A diesel will have 'dirty' oil after the first start.

And that contamination doesn't go else where, either via the pump or via
splash ?

Why do you think that oil is best drained when warm and thus more fluid....

What I'm saying is that rather than spend money on snake oil additives it
would be better to change the normal (recommended) oil more frequently
IYSWIM.