Richard

Thanks for the replies. I agree with the controller/switch assessments
-- but what are the odds that 4 controllers (3 in the original unit and
1 in the new one ) would all be bad? Or that the switches would also
be bad in two units? I'm beginning to think, though, that both units
and all the controllers might come from the same subcontractor or
assembly plant -- i.e., there is a batch of these things out there
coming from the same source.

As far as electronics interfering -- the problems occur consistently,
whereas other devices nearby (i.e. remote phone) are not always on.
Just to be sure, I will unplug everything and see if that makes a
difference.

The installation seems ok. The unit is on its own 50amp 220 circuit,
and the wiring in the house is about 12 years old.

Thanks again.

Richard
NSM wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Second, when the microwave finishes its cycle, it turns off,

beeps,
and displays the message "End" on the panel -- just as it should.
However, opening the door and removing the food, then closing the

door
does not reset the program -- the "End" message is still displayed

and
the reminder tones sound every minute until you press the "Cancel"
button. The manual clearly indicates that simply opening and

closing
the door should reset the program.

It's got to be a door switch - or the controller is not 'reading' the
switch.