Patriarch

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
m:

I should have asked that the first time. I'm not sure I'd trust UPS
with a $100 saw blade unless it was wrapped in armor plate.

Any of the above. I used UPS because they pickup at work every day.
I've shipped and received very expensive items via UPS with no
problems. With the millions of packages they handle, they have a very
low claim rate. Saw blades are rather rugged anyway. I've shipped
$5,000 electronic controllers with them.

We regularly sent millions of dollars worth of electronic equipment with
UPS every month. As others have mentioned, national borders can raise the
need for preplanning.

More losses seem to have occured from mishandling in the warehouses than we
experienced with UPS or FedEx.

And you can insure...

Patriarch