IMM

Default Just seen another horror story

"Sam Nelson" wrote in message

Two-foot-thick stone walls;

Aart frpom sound insulation, I see no benefit.

Thermal inertia.

Insulation is still poor.

Eh? I drive past nasty Lego developments

Lego? Don't be silly!!

Sigh. I meant `might as well have been built out of red and white Lego,

look at them'. All plug-ugly, critically cramped, spacewise, and built

with
no thought for the accessibility of any particular service from them other
than by car.

being thrown up out of wood-frame
with brick cladding every flippin' day all

Timber frame. A far better, and more eco, method of construction.
Fabulous!

How long do you supposed they'll last?

The oldest timber framed home in the UK dates from the 11th century.
100,000s are still standing and they amount to millions of old and modern
buildings. Timber frame is brill! Most of modern homes are timber anyhow.
The roof, floors, doors, stairs, etc. take it awy and there is only a brick
and block shell left.

On R4's PM recently, it was pointed
out that with house-building going at the
rate it's going at the moment, each
house built now needs to last 4000 years.
No-one need care about what happens
after they're dead, though, eh?

4000 years? then we have to live in earth shelters.

---and they tend to be thrown up
fairly frequently on flood plain land.

Planning depts again for allowing it. Those *******s should be shot.

I don't see responsible, reliable builders in the business for the long

term
turning down the opportunity. Surely a responsible builder that knows the
area would decline the opportunity to build in such places.

The point is that they should not be allowed to build there in the first
place.

---