Nova

TP wrote:

Putting in a new counter top, on a built in desk. Walls on back
and sides. Old top had a large hole to run wires down to the
computer, power, etc. I would like to leave the top approx. 1 ½
inches away from back wall to easily drop wires down. I’m
looking for some suggestions on a material to fill that gap?
Something like foam or rubber that could easily be slit, and a
wire could be fed thru it. The best material for this space is
a very course thick bristles like are used in tooth brushes.
The bristles should stop something from falling through the
crack but be flexible enough to force a wire through by hand.

Any suggestions on where to buy 8 feet of this bristle?
Here's an example ( not that I want to buy 8 on em:
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...erings_id=5386

Thanks
TP

There is a brush type floor sweep weather stripping that is used to
seal the bottom of doors. The link below is to a .PDF catalog (upper
right hand area) by the K. N. Crowder company who is one of the
manufactures of this type of product. Look at items W-24S, W-33S and
W-24S on page 19 of the .PDF file.

http://www.kncrowder.com/wstripping/

--
Jack Novak