J T

Sun, Feb 13, 2005, 3:48pm (EST+5) (Joe_Stein) says:
Hey guys,
Check out abebooks.com for your old and maybe out-of-print books. I am
not affiliated, just a past customer.
I like old books too

I do use them, but, only for books I already know I really want.
That's only one reason I like used bookstores so much, I can thumb thru
the book and make sure it's what I want.

I sometimes go to new bookstores with the specific goal of checking
specific books. A few time have found a book I wanted, but waaaay too
expensive; so I've bought a used copy on-line. I shop around on-line
too. A number of times I've gotten out-of-print books I really wanted,
for less than $20 (ncluding shipping), and most places were asking way
more, like $30-35, not including shipping. Nice thing about used
bookstores, you can run across books you've never even heard of, at some
really reasonable prices - $4-7 usually.

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold