Tom Miller

About ninety percent of the world's manufactured foods are manufactured in
316 or 316L stainless steel vessels as is most of the world's pharmaceutical
products. Beer is brewed in stainless vessels in all modern breweries. The
main reason NOT to use stainless steel plate for a barbeque is that
stainless is a relatively poor heat conductor and requires a larger burner
than a mild steel or copper. Also , for some reason , the food tend to stick
to a stainless steel plate much more strongly than to a mild steel or cast
iron plate. I've had all three, stainless stell,cast iron and mild steel. I
much prefer cast iron for that reason.

Tom Miller

"BIGEYE" wrote in message
Nobody seems to know the answer to this one.
I am considering using 6mm stainless steel as a BBQ plate. I have heard

that
you can't use stainless steel for cooking food on a BBQ as SS is full of
nasties.
Can anyone confirm this?
TIA