Howard R Garner

Greybeard wrote:

Most commonly known as "Die crunched" or "Die smashed". ;^)) Don't
know if basswood is going to smash as easily as balsa, and I've
already figured that I'm going to have to finish the corners with a
knife, but that's better than having to endure the "death of a
thousand cuts" to get the opening through in the first place.

Looks like a little experimenting might be in order. If nothing else,
I reduce the amount of scraps and leftover wood I have.

There are places that will laser cut them, but in multiples that I
don't need, and I doubt anyone else is crazy enough to want anything
similar.

Greybeard.

Go take to your local awards and trophy shop. Find one that has a
laser. They may be able to cut what you need for a reasonable price.

Howard R Garner
a fellow modeler.