Glenn

Yes, that is the one, and the knob on the torch is for controling gas flow
and is just a valve.
I am pretty sure the electrode is just straight tungsten and only 1/16". I
am going to pickup some thoriated and zirconated electrodes and seeif they
don't work better. I also plan to get some larger diameter sticks.
I had pretty low expectations when I bought it and nobody in the store could
tell me anything about it. I am hoping that with a larger doped electrode
and DCEP I can do a bit of aluminum welding with it on smaller stuff. I was
hoping it would fill a niche in my welding tools for small stuff that is
hard for the bigger MIG to weld and not worth the effort to dig out the big
TIG stuff. The old miller with HF head is not easy to get to do small work
with.
Main purpose of posting was to let others know a bit more about the machine.

Glenn

"Steve W." wrote in message
Glenn,
Is this item # 91811 ? I thought the knob on the TIG torch was the
control knob? Scratch start and TIG? Wonder if that is the reason the
electrode keeps balling. Kind of hard not to contaminate the electrode
with scratch start.

--
Steve Williams

"Glenn" wrote in message
Well curiosity overcame better judgement and I bought one yesterday.

dnip