PJx

Because there are advantages and disadvantages to both a heat pump and
gas furnace based on the outdoor temperature, the dual-fuel solution
really does give you the best of both worlds. It's the most
comfortable heating system at any outdoor temperature, as well as one
of the most efficient, versatile, and economical heating-and-cooling
systems you can buy.

A dual-fuel heat pump is an electric heat pump and a gas furnace all
in one. In the Tennessee Valley, where temperatures are typically
above freezing and we enjoy some of the lowest electric rates in the
U.S., a heat pump is the most efficient way to heat your home. In
those few instances when the temperature drops below freezing, a gas
furnace provides heat more economically. By combining the two, you can
have the benefits of both systems.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:40:44 GMT, Nick
wrote:

Hi,

I'm just about to bite the bullet and fit whole house A/C.
I already have gas powered water filled radiators but since the cost
of a heat pump is only $250 more than straight A/C I was thinking for
spring/Fall heating (in DC) it might be a good idea.
Never owned a heat pump but the sales guy claims they are just as
efficient at making cold as regular A/C.
Anyone wish to share the pros/cons?

Thanks

Nick..