Owain

"Paul King" wrote
| pulsar wrote:
| I have a double glazed window in my bathroom that has 2 non-opening
| units in it, can anyone advise on converting this to an open window
| without going through the hassle of changing the whole window frame?
| With regards to the other posts here - you can no longer diy D/G.

Wrong.

| You have to inform the BCO at your local council and get his/her
permission

Confirmation that the work complies with Building Regulations. It's not
permission as they can't refuse to grant it provided the work is compliant.

| before starting - otherwise you fall foul when you come to sell the
property.
| Whether or not you can *THEN* diy the D/G installation I'm not sure, but
I'm
| sure someone else will be along shortly...

Yes you can DIY it.

Without reference to Building Control you are allowed to *repair* an
existing window. As this is for a bathroom and I suspect the need is for
ventilation possibly the easiest way is to "repair" the window by replacing
one sealed unit with a replacement sealed unit with an extractor fan mounted
in it.

Owain