Set Square

Default Help with thermostat !!

Lurch wrote:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:35:51 -0000, in uk.d-i-y "Set Square"
strung together this:

So, connect the red wire to A and
the yellow wire to B - and chop the other 2 wires off.

Not a good idea, I thought better of you! I think you were meant to
write, make the existing wires safe, in a connector. If the stat is
mounted on a metal box then connect the earth to the box and put the
neutral in a connector.
Or, disconnect the unused wires in the junction box in the airing
cupboard.

Maybe I should have stressed that they should be dealt with in a way which
prevents them from touching anything live.

I did go on to explain how I had dealt with my own wires - by terminating
them in a junction box. If the OP copies that, it will be perfectly safe.
--
Cheers,
Set Square