Sam Goldwasser

"NSM" writes:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Second, when the microwave finishes its cycle, it turns off, beeps,
and displays the message "End" on the panel -- just as it should.
However, opening the door and removing the food, then closing the door
does not reset the program -- the "End" message is still displayed and
the reminder tones sound every minute until you press the "Cancel"
button. The manual clearly indicates that simply opening and closing
the door should reset the program.

It's got to be a door switch - or the controller is not 'reading' the
switch.

And since a replacement unit did the same thing, a design flaw.

However, is there anything special about the installation? Any electronics
that might be interfering with it somehow, as unlikely as that sounds?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.